First Rehearsal
Today me and my group started to work on our scene.
We talked about our characters and how we believed ee should play them and then we later discussed the sort of relationships we had we each other.
We then started to block our scene. Which was abit challenging because we didn't know how the other scenes were blocked, so we didn't know if the way we blocked our scene would look right and flow smoothly with the other scenes.
I was in act three in the second scene (right after the ball) and figuring out my mini-objectives was hard as I wasn't sure if my feelings towards Yepikhodov was a love hate relationship because I know that Dunyasha likes attention but not his but finds it all quite flattering. I had some help by Crystal (ex post 16 student) she helped me with some of my diction when speaking to Yepikhodov so I come across like I find him irritating. I found this funny because even though it seems like she doesn't like him at first glance of reading things she says towards him it seems like there in a werid unrequited romantic relationship.
Second Rehearsal
In rehearsal today we blocked our scene by Sarah. So a lot of our own blocking had changed because it wasn't flowing form scene to scene. I worked on my relationship with Yasha. As i new the nature of Dunyasha and Yasha relationship I wasn't aware of how to convey that on stage whilst mostly talkin to others. I think by me simply implying flirty gestures to Yasha whilst doing things and talking to others strengthens my character personality and sends a clear understanding to an viewer/ audience the sort of person Dunyasha is.
Third Rehearsal
In today's rehearsal we went through our scene and tired to give it more paste and energy. This is apparent because some of us in our scenes were either not confident with our lines or characterisations which made our scene drag on. We done this really interesting exercise were instead of saying our lines we said something else that is similar to our lines in our characters. This helped because it was more easier to respond in a modern way of speaking and replying to someone instead of the writing in the Orchard because the text instead how people speak today. Also because were doing the play to fit in any time frame it gave me a better perspective of the play as a whole.
We got to see some other peoples scene and I really liked Josh K, Rhiann and George's scene because it had paste and they all had really strong characters. This made it pleasant to watch because it didn't bore you and I wasn't confused by there choices. However I do think Raniskya (Rhiann) gave off a little flirtation with Yasha and I don't think they had that sort of relationship.
Viewing other scenes it was clear that there were a lot of similar things people had to work on which was learn lines, diction and stronger characterisation.
Fourth Rehearsal
Today's rehsearal we ran through everyone's scene and done mini run throughs so we know what were doing when and where. We didn't have much time to run through our scene as we all lacked pace and because of this we have to come to an extra rehsearal on Friday to work on our scenes.
No comments:
Post a Comment