I believe the strengthens of my performance were that I knew and conveyed an appropriate clear relationship between characters I interacted with. And had quite good diction and vocal range. I think if I'd had more time I would've liked to work on my understanding and comfortability within my scene where I enter. I don't know why but I just felt weird because although I know what type of girl Dunyasha is at the same time it didn't really make sense to me so I think a result of this I found it hard to commit to it one hundred percent. However I believe that in my final performance I gave it my all as I think that once you have an actual audince it give you a little bit of adrenaline and energy boost.
I've learnt a lot about naturalism this term. I thought at first that naturalism is just your perception but it isn't. I've learnt how to truly read dialogue and subtext. Understand techniques like want, do, feel and how it's still your interpretation but just with more layers.
I think that Stanislavki's techniques really helped me in my performance because I knew my perpose and intentions. Which made my work and lines more easier for me because instead of think of my lines I was likening what they mean, why aim saying them and the sort of responses that I'm getting back from others through text or gestures. I think it was easier on me for the fact that in my scene we all new our objectives and characterisations meaning we all had good relationships with each other and were on the same page. So I think that the audince were able to like and understand our scene.
I think that Felix had great strong characterisation. As he was always in character and knew what he was doing. He had clear sub-stained relationships with others and it was a pleasure to see his character grow though out the course of the play as he was in a lot of scenes and he continue to show you different aspects of his character. He could be really clumsy then sometimes weird and a bit of a loner that talks to much gibberish. Even throughrout rehearsal he had different options on how he may have wanted to play his character. But instead of sticking to one characteristic it wa like as time went one you were seeing and learning new things about Yepikhodov and why people view him in a certain light. Like the way at one point Dunyasha says that he is sweet but annoying.
No comments:
Post a Comment